POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Experiments with light probes : Re: Experiments with light probes Server Time
20 May 2024 02:45:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experiments with light probes
From: Edouard
Date: 2 Jun 2009 18:30:00
Message: <web.4a25a7ae75b7d3c9b1aa47b00@news.povray.org>
> "Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> > One of my shots - to give you an idea of the source material I'm getting with a
> > 1 inch ball.
>
> That's great - much clearer than I've managed so far even with my bigger ball. I
> really need to polish it and investigate that focus override... :)

Thank-you. It took a long time before I could control everything enough to get
good results. The in-focus plane is very narrow, and that was the biggest
problem I was facing.

The CHDK grid I used to help me (you'll have to adjust the circle to you zoom
and ball size):

@title LProbe
@elps   180, 120, 46, 41, 0x01
@line 179,   0, 179, 239, 0x07