POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Experiments with light probes : Re: Experiments with light probes Server Time
19 May 2024 23:31:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experiments with light probes
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Jun 2009 17:05:00
Message: <web.4a2593c775b7d3c969f956610@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > > Maybe post some details of your difficulties, or if you'd like you can email
> > > me directly.

Here's a pair of angular maps that demonstrate my issue (scaled down to 512x512,
but it's still evident). I've marked corresponding pixel locations with red
crosses.

http://www.infradead.org/~wmp/angular_eg.png

It's interesting, now I come to actually look at this in detail, it seems to be
most pronounced on the horizontal. This suggests to me that keeping the ball
more central will definitely help...

Bill