POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective comparison of computer languages. : Re: Objective comparison of computer languages. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objective comparison of computer languages.
From: clipka
Date: 2 Jun 2009 13:05:00
Message: <web.4a255ae7bc23b7eaf708085d0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> hell you like, because it only needs to run on one PC. And if you're
> writing end-user applications... yes, probably C or C++, realistically.

I'd say, probably more and more C# these days. Again due to better tools
available for easy money.

I kept thinking that C# is one of those typical Microsoft hypes. But since I
first did put my hands on it, I actually found that I do like it.

Not so much because of the language itself (which is probably about as good or
bad as the newest iterations of C++ or Java), but because of Microsoft's IDE
for it. Feels like they actually designed the language with this in mind.

> (Although, say, Wings 3D is Erlang or something isn't it?)

Yep.