POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Experiments with light probes : Re: Experiments with light probes Server Time
9 May 2024 07:53:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experiments with light probes
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Jun 2009 09:25:00
Message: <web.4a2527a075b7d3c96dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Unwanted shadows can be an
> additional problem though.  I like to use a delay on my CHDK bracketing so I
> can get myself and shadow out of the shot as much as possible (hide or move
> further back so you are smaller)

Another good idea.

> No wrapping and rotating at the same time is fine.  I still would always
> recommend Lat/Long format over angular.

Any particular reason? Does this projection preserve more information? I expect
I can still do the blending in HDRSHop... ?

> It may be that you are being too much of a perfectionist.

Wouldn't be the first time ;-)

> Note that the larger
> the ball and the closer the scene or objects in the scene are to the ball, the
> greater the parallax errors are going to be (i.e. lines not lining up)  This is
> particularly the case in indoor shots, where the whole environment tends to be
> closer to the ball.

This is as I suspected. It feels reminiscent of the parallax ghosting one sees
with handheld-shot panoramas. The worst example was when I had the ball sitting
on a window-sill, but it's still noticeable in the middle of a room.

Bill