POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax : Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax
From: Jay Fox
Date: 27 May 2009 18:15:00
Message: <web.4a1dbad038187d7ed92e869d0@news.povray.org>
"Phoenex" <rib### [at] sapopt> wrote:
> Jay Fox
>
> My first conclusion was this Prng:
>
> x = n (s + x) - Int (n (s + x))
>
> With x and s with double precision and n integer = 1,2,3 ,....
>
> What do you think about this algorithm?

Phoenex,

I think we should move any further discussion of your RNG to a new thread, so
that we don't clutter this thread any further. I feel we've drifted quite a bit
off-topic, and this thread is really important. I assume no one would object to
moving this particular side discussion?

Phoenex, why don't you create a new thread and link to a couple of the relevant
posts in this thread. Once the new thread is created, just leave a quick reply
here with a link to the new thread, so anyone who's interested can follow
along. Then we can move there to continue to discuss your RNG (and any related
side discussions ;-p ).