POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Objects interacting with photons / Laser : Re: Objects interacting with photons / Laser Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects interacting with photons / Laser
From: Nurwodah
Date: 27 May 2009 09:40:00
Message: <web.4a1d416d84c0b6cb7e13cce0@news.povray.org>
Hello Bob,

thank you for your help! Indeed, the missing photon block in the scattering box
was the problem. I did not expect this to be necessary if the refracting glass
block contained a photon block, but obviously I was wrong.

But:

If I use the following source for rendering, I get a rather strange image:
After passing the glass block and being refracted/reflected/absorbed correctly,
the laser beam changes into a dotted line, that looks very much like some
interference pattern. As far as I understand (I mean, almost 99.99% sure!)
POV-ray is of course not capable of calculating phase interactions of light, so
any idea what could have happened here?

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

global_settings {