POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax : Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax
From: Phoenex
Date: 26 May 2009 17:30:01
Message: <web.4a1c5e0638187d7e2f41bbd10@news.povray.org>
Jay Fox

Thank you for your work.

This is what I need.

I did some accounts, with Microsoft Calculator and with the Excel2003 and the
results were very different.

However you are right. With s = 123.4567 and with x = 0.4 the test failed to
Diehard

BIRTHDAY SPACINGS TEST
THE overlapping 20-tuples Bitstream TEST

I had the perception that.
The seed has to be special. Why? I do not know.
If you see my page is not by chance that I do
s = seed + 12345.67890123456 0 <= seed <= 99999

I have the feeling that the whole part of "s" should have 4 to 5 digits.
Again thank you for your cooperation in such analysis.

Can you will continue to do more analysis?

Question: Are you a mathematician?

BTW see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiply-with-carry

This have a very big period.