POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax : Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax
From: Phoenex
Date: 25 May 2009 20:25:00
Message: <web.4a1b35d738187d7e2f41bbd10@news.povray.org>
To Alain:

You are right. Do not compare algorithms without having all the parameters well
defined and with equality.
However, I think you should read previous messages, at least from the message
51.

Question: In previous speed tests? It was used ISAAC? Or ISSAC64?
It seems to me that was used to ISSAC.
Also, KISS is different from KISS64.
I would like to see the tests of speed compared only with the the algorithms:

KISS64
ALVO ( (int) Like the original idea )
ISSAC64

and other algorithms that work with 64 bit floating point.