POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax : Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax
From: Phoenex
Date: 25 May 2009 07:00:01
Message: <web.4a1a794d38187d7ee1caaf850@news.povray.org>
cllpka

I mean * p-values of * 0 *  zero and * 1 * one.

Many people, say to get a good PRNG algorithm, several conditions are necessary:

Must have a very large, which according to some, the more better.
Must pass in a large number of mathematical/statistical tests.
Should be easily portable and implementation.

In my humble opinion, a * good * algorithm should have a period on the needs.
Must pass certain tests, and I think the ENT and Diehard enough.
Should in fact be easy portability and implementation.
It should also be readily understanding and above all fast.

However, I still think that the resulting random numbers, shall, after
comparison, have same characteristics as the numbers generated by real sources,
such as atmospheric noise or atomic radiation and outher.

I think the PRNGAlvo, satisfies these small principles.

Even as the mechanism of seed, there are several ways to solve the problem.
I am studying the subject, later I will say some thing about it.

I would, if possible, that the people than use Linux  operating system, can make
some tests with the TESTU01
that can find at:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~simardr/testu01/tu01.html

I think that is an excellent set of tests, although I do not known it, since I
work on Windows environment, and sloth have not yet installed.

Thanks