POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax : Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax
From: clipka
Date: 22 May 2009 15:50:00
Message: <web.4a17019638187d7e92f9e9e10@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   (Of course speed is not really crucial here, but the quality should be
> very good.)

Given that there might be some good use for a more sophisticated RNG inside
POV-Ray's rendering engine possibly heading our way (thinking of SSLT here, or
maybe addition of some montecarlo elements), I guess speed *should* be
considered an issue.

So to hear that the RNG you have in mind *is* fairly fast, that's good news.