POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Generating cross-section of a complicated model : Re: Generating cross-section of a complicated model Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generating cross-section of a complicated model
From: clipka
Date: 22 May 2009 12:55:00
Message: <web.4a16d86cc981982a92f9e9e10@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Can the current cutaway_textures 'situation' be 're-worked'?  (Notice the
> less-inflammatory language.) Beats me!! Doesn't sound like it can; and I
> understand why. Well, I *mostly* understand, anyway...

As I explained earlier, from all I can imagine there's nothing that can be done
about it.

Not unless we're providing the user with a way to add some hints about which of
the intersecting objects should "win" over the other.

It might be worth putting that on the to-do list, but I don't expect to see it
anytime soon.