POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This term has always bothered me ... : Re: This term has always bothered me ... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This term has always bothered me ...
From: Charles C
Date: 21 May 2009 11:05:00
Message: <web.4a156d684bb4cbb1cac4259f0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> >   You could argue that it's unfair or pretentious or whatever, but since
> > it doesn't cause confusion, who cares?
>
> Right. Probably the most sane way of dealing with it. :)
>

> --
> ~Mike

Point taken.  I suppose part of it is that I prefer it when things as big as
countries have their own unique single-word names as most seem to.   And I
prefer it when technical correctness removes rather than adds confusion.

On a side note, my home-town was to be named after Portland, ME or Boston, MA
based on the best-two-out-of-three flips of a penny.

Charles