POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Out of memory error with media in 3.7b31 (scene works in 3.6) : Re: Out of memory error with media in 3.7b31 (scene works in 3.6) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:00:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Out of memory error with media in 3.7b31 (scene works in 3.6)
From: Tom York
Date: 18 May 2009 14:15:00
Message: <web.4a11a45149c22c47d55e4a40@news.povray.org>
"Sven Geier" <.sven.at.sgeier.dot.net.nospamplease> wrote:
> Was this ever fixed/worked around/eliminated for b32?
>
> I just found this message because I was searching on an "out of memory" error
> for a scene with an area light and a lot of semi-transparent objects ...

As far as I remember the fixed length light source array only affected media.
I've no idea at all if it was fixed in later betas. If this problem you talk
about happens with the latest beta and does not involve media, then I suggest
submitting a minimal scene showing the problem as a new thread.

Tom