POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : puzzeld by ini file/ command line options : Re: puzzeld by ini file/ command line options Server Time
18 Jul 2024 08:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: puzzeld by ini file/ command line options
From: joost 1972
Date: 17 May 2009 06:40:01
Message: <web.4a0fe8329e8578878456e1010@news.povray.org>
Hi, thanks everyone for the quick replies,

@clipka: I see what i've been doing wrong. You're right about the fail, using
the ini file it stills hangs. Knowing it's not me and my ini file but a bug,
i've searched further on this site and luckily found a fix (changing the
properties of povengin.exe).

@Alain: I had already bumpt into that problem earlier and relocated pov ray to
programfiles2 folder.

@Punk-T: I've looked into the book on google-books, but it handles about the
same area as the tutorial. I'm looking for a book that goes on were the tutorial
ends: the more mathmatical side: calcutating with vectors, using complex macro's
etc. Untill i've mastered that I'm thinking of using another program (blender or
so) for my more complex objects (which aren't many luckily) and seeing if i can
import them into my pov-ray scene.
If anyone has good advice for which program is easiest to use with povray, I'd
like to hear it :-)

Thanks, Joost