POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post POV? : Re: Post POV? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post POV?
From: Tom York
Date: 16 May 2009 21:10:01
Message: <web.4a0f634c4eec845c7d55e4a40@news.povray.org>
POV being open source means that if there's something I don't like (mesh
artifacts) or a feature I want to use (AO, weird area lights, ramp/skin
shaders) I can at least try to change or add them, and SDL is plenty expressive
enough if I do most of the hard work of making a scene in Wings. Without that
choice though, or if I cared at all about animation, I'd have probably gone for
some mid-tier app (Carrara?) long ago.