POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The seam of two bi-cubic patches isn't smooth when raised : The seam of two bi-cubic patches isn't smooth when raised Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  The seam of two bi-cubic patches isn't smooth when raised
From: neodasa
Date: 16 May 2009 14:00:01
Message: <web.4a0efdedfe8cf52d4f15b2600@news.povray.org>
I followed the instructions for joining the two (blue and white, red and white)
patches.  I made sure the coordinates for the forth column of the blue patch:

B14
B24
B34
B44

were the same as the coordinates for the first column of the red patch:

R11
R21
R31
R41

and then added:

#declare R12=B14+(B14-B13);
#declare R22=B24+(B24-B23);
#declare R32=B34+(B34-B33);
#declare R42=B44+(B44-B43);

as per the instruction to smooth out the seam, but when I tested a control point
and raised the seam, it appeared as a sharp edge rather than a smooth edge,
which is what it's not suppose to do.  Anyone know why this happened?

Thanks.