POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Science : Re: Science Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Science
From: clipka
Date: 15 May 2009 12:10:01
Message: <web.4a0d93abb34e56df708085d0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I still don't know how to make it disolve though. So far we've tried:
>
> - Acetone
> - Hexane
> - Butyle acetate
>
> We don't have any other really cheap solvents in our lab...
>
> Oh well, I guess I could try using mineral acid to disolve the iron
> coating. :-S

Just a quick question: *Why* would you want to dissolve it in the first place?

If it is only about rendering it unusable, how about a nice oscillating magnetic
field? Microwave oven? Using a strong hole punch axially on the spool to convert
it to confetti? Cutting the spool in two halves using a strong paper cutter? ...

Or is this a new attempt at data compression - dissolving the bits, to later
distill them into a concentrated powder? :P