POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Star Trek movie whoops.... : Re: Star Trek movie whoops.... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Trek movie whoops....
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 May 2009 18:40:01
Message: <web.4a0c9ccec0e6495c69f956610@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   I wouldn't say Deep Space 9 was so much episodic in nature. It had
> long-spanning storyarcs which developed during entire seasons (even if
> individual episodes were more or less independent).
>
>   Of course Voyager also advanced a bit during the different seasons, which
> is natural, as they were traveling through the galaxy after all. But it was
> certainly a lot more episodic in nature.

I must admit, I've not watched much from the later series of Voyager or DS9. But
those I have seen definitely demand more knowledge of recent events than most
TNG episodes.

>   TNG was rather episodic, with very few things remembered for more than
> one episode. (Still a great show, though.)

Agreed. It remains my favourite - I'm watching it at the moment, it's on one of
our free digital channels every day at the moment. Just started season 6!