POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing : Re: That XKCD thing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That XKCD thing
From: mone
Date: 12 May 2009 17:10:00
Message: <web.4a09e50d5d6289cb27d9bb2d0@news.povray.org>

> I once sat a 45 minute test, finished in about 10 minutes. Went back and did
> it all again to check my work. Another 10 minutes. Turned the paper over and
> wrote (in a long spiral) the details of a dream I'd had, starting with "Did
> you know if you go to sleep in your dreams you ...."

..... wake up?  :))
I remember that being my favorite technique as a child when being persecuted in
a dream and it worked well in most cases, just had to close my eyes in the
dream and very soon woke up.
Although sometimes, especially some years later, there were these fake "wake up"
dreams when I thought I had just woken up, being back in my room. Usually I
noticed some little weird detail in the room, and concluded (rightly) that I
was still dreaming. The devil is in the details, as one says ... ;))
Sometimes this process was repeated and that was a really annoying situation,
hanging somewhere between a dream and the real world like in an badly
implemented while-loop ... fortunately there was no memory leak :))