POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : clock camera flyover : Re: clock camera flyover Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:07:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: clock camera flyover
From: Charles C
Date: 12 May 2009 16:25:00
Message: <web.4a09d95a560ccf85b015a41e0@news.povray.org>
"maria" <mar### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> camera {
>     location <0.005+clock, 0.010, 0.38+clock>
>     look_at <0.62, 0.001, 0.79>
>     angle  9
>  }
>

> Initial_Clock=0
> Final_Clock=1

> Cyclic_Animation=on

> camera {
>     location <0.005*clock, 0.010, 0.38*clock>
>     look_at <0.62, 0.001, 0.79>
>     angle  9
>  }
>

> The initial frame when I render the different files is not on the same location,
> it is a little different, and I cannot figure out why this difference.

You have cyclic animation on, which will shift the clock slightly for each frame
except for the first one which should still match your Initial_Clock of zero.
Since you're asking about the first frame being different, I'd say look at your
expressions.  0.005+0 is 0.005.   0.005*0 is 0.   0.38+0 is 0.38.  0.38*0 is 0.

If you want the second camera to look like the first, you probably will want to
change your expressions to the form: FloatA + FloatB*clock where FloatA is the
starting place (e.g. 0.005 for the x value) and FloatB*Final_Clock is how far
you want it to travel along (e.g.) the x axis.

So in the case of your cameras above, yes, making the second camera behave like
the first one would indeed make it look rather like the first:  :)

camera {
    location <0.005+1*clock, 0.010, 0.38+1*clock>
    look_at <0.62, 0.001, 0.79>
    angle  9
 }

> Does the camera should go towards the look_at location?

The camera should not move towards the look_at point unless that's the direction
your location statement moves it.

>because It looks like

This is correct.

Charles