POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help with illustration of brain injury : Re: help with illustration of brain injury Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help with illustration of brain injury
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 May 2009 23:55:01
Message: <web.4a08f1f877a79046f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
I have an idea (for someone here who is good at working with df3 files, which
I'm not): Somewhere on-line is the very detailed 'digitized human cadaver'
model, made from CAT-scans (or similar MRI scans) of a thinly-sliced, frozen
human. There's much that I don't know about that project, but *if* it is freely
accessible, and *if* the scans can be converted into df3 files, and *if* the
brain scans come as a separate group--then an accurate brain model could be
built in POV-Ray, without having to do the modeling itself. Does anyone have
more information on this?

Ken W.