POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : How to build boost to compile POVRay beta 32 : How to build boost to compile POVRay beta 32 Server Time
15 May 2024 15:54:43 EDT (-0400)
  How to build boost to compile POVRay beta 32
From: Wise
Date: 11 May 2009 04:45:00
Message: <web.4a07e523ea64e5871414fda0@news.povray.org>
Hi guys,

I am trying to build beta 32 version on linux IA64 environment.
I used boost_1_37_0.tar.bz2, below are command list
tar --bzip2 -xf <boost>.tar.bz2
cd <boost>
../configure --prefix=/installation/path --with-libraries=thread
make

go to povray beta 32 path

../configure COMPILED_BY="me" --prefix=/home/wchen18/povray
--with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt

there are below error messages and stop:

Libraries
---------
checking whether to link with cygwin DLL... no
checking whether to enable static linking... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
checking whether to build the boost thread library from sources... no
checking for boostlib >= 1.35... configure: error: We could not detect the boost
libraries (version 1.35 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still
not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a
PATH to --with-boost option.  If you are sure you have boost installed, then
check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>. See
http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation.

Any one can help me what's wrong?

My email address is wis### [at] intelcom

Thank you very much!
Wise