POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : You know why I love 3D rendering? : You know why I love 3D rendering? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  You know why I love 3D rendering?
From: clipka
Date: 9 May 2009 11:15:00
Message: <web.4a059da7b550f121d7f7e4230@news.povray.org>
Back in my school days, I remember having done a few great pictures using
watercolors.

Not the way you usually work with this medium, typically leading to bleeded
specks of thin color on damp, curly paper. Instead, I would pick up as much of
the watercolor pigment with as little water as I could, giving me a thick
paste, much like oil paint (or how I imagine oil paint to be; I never bothered
to do oil paintings myself, so I'm not perfectly sure). No curly paper. No
color bleeding. No thinned-out pigments. I was a true master of this technique.

Even then, I found this process quite frustrating at times: If you happened to
have picked a sufficiently wrong hue for a certain object, unless the "good"
hue would be a dirty brown, you'd have no real chance of correcting your
mistake. Other than throwing away the paper and starting all over again, that
is. And if you found that the tree over there in the background would have been
better placed one or two centimeters to the right... oh crap!

Boy, do I love 3D rendering as an artistic medium!

Got some color wrong? Want to change some detail, or even add another one? Just
tweak the respective parts of the scene as desired, and let the *computer*
spend hours and hours painting it all over again :P