POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Image colors (Vista) : Re: Image colors (Vista) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:43:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image colors (Vista)
From: clipka
Date: 6 May 2009 15:40:00
Message: <web.4a01e39acc0019dc53a485b50@news.povray.org>
"Jos leys" <jos### [at] pandorabe> wrote:
> I think it must have been the default values, as I did not specify anything in
> the ini/scene file, so I would have expected the colors to be the same.
> Don't you think that if default values give different colors, there is a serious
> backward compatibility problem?

No, I don't think so. Different effects of default settings *may* be considered
a backward compatibility problem indeed, but I don't think they necessarily
qualitfy as a *serious* one. The new defaults may make more sense after all, so
sticking to the old behaviour for all eternity may be not a prudent thing to do.

Are you sure you added a "#version 3.6" directive to your scene file? If not,
there's no reason whatsoever to complain about different effects of default
settings.

Another thing to consider is that your PNG file viewer may be flawed.
Unfortunately, many are, as they are ignoring PNG files' embedded gamma
information.