POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LinkedIn : Re: LinkedIn Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LinkedIn
From: clipka
Date: 6 May 2009 12:05:00
Message: <web.4a01b4743a182e853a485b50@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > The NNTP headers of your message record your IP address. A quick WHOIS
> > query of the RIPE database tells me that this address belongs to a very
> > well-known major electronics manufacturer. It also gives a location -
> > Germany. (This vaguely fits what I remember you saying.)
> >
> > Searching LinkedIn for a "Scott" located in Germany working for this
> > company gives me a single hit - somebody working in the Munich area as a
> > Senior Engineer, in the "automotice" field, educated at Cambridge. So it
> > seems fairly likely that's you then.
>
> Easy detective work, isn't it :-)

Hey, speaking of it: I didn't bother to do the NNTP header and WHOIS detective
work, so I'm not sure what that company may be, but what the heck: "well-known
major electronics manufacturer" doesn't sound too bad. As it happens, I'm
currently searching for a new job opportunity as an embedded SW developer in
the automotive business; any vacancies at your company these days?

I currently live in Cologne, so if your company should happen to have a
subsidiary near Ford Cologne with development activity there... hey, that could
be a major hit.