POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : alien seed sphere (animation 2.7 MB) : Re: alien seed sphere (animation 2.7 MB) Server Time
29 May 2024 07:02:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alien seed sphere (animation 2.7 MB)
From: sooperFoX
Date: 4 May 2009 12:50:00
Message: <web.49ff1c61dc4ed2723e3c08aa0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> As in, 'seeding' barren planets with life.
>
> Just a fun little diversion. The animation is only about five seconds long. See
> my post at...

Hi Kenneth, I really like your animation. I can't wait until you're able to
share with us your methods!

> For some strange reason, when I view this on my Windows XP machine--using
> Windows Media Player--I see a single, consistent 'stutter' at about 0.9 seconds
> into it.

Sadly, this is also the case on my computer. I am running Windows XP too, so to
prove to myself that I wasn't going crazy I also looked at it under my fresh
dual-boot install of Windows 7, and I get the same result.

I loaded the video file into VirtualDub and indeed you have a duplicate frame at
frames 16 and 17 (0-based), which are identical. Removing frame 17 leaves a
smooth animation.

> This little glitch isn't there in the original image frames, nor is it
> visible when previewing the animation in monkeyjam (the app I used to assemble
> the images into an MPEG.) I'm wondering if anyone else sees this glitch?

I don't know what to tell you, other than that I do see the glitch, and there
*is* an extra frame in there. Perhaps monkeyjam does see it too and removes the
duplicate frame automatically for you?