POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Freedom House and Italy : Re: Freedom House and Italy Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Freedom House and Italy
From: clipka
Date: 4 May 2009 12:10:00
Message: <web.49ff12909e8b61eb2c9ab000@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> It is no secret that they definitely took sides in our most recent
> presidential election, and given how close the election was, had a
> decisive effect.

Heh; I heard tell that you had *much* closer election runs before - presidents
winning elections only by electoral collage, against the majority of people's
votes and some such - with nothing but some dangling (or non-dangling) bits of
Floridian cardboard tipping the scales :P

> demonstrators as a minor extremists fringe, misrepresented their views,
> and dismissed them as puppets of the one major television news outlet
> that does not share the other news outlets' views.

Well, maybe there's reason to be thankful that at least there *is* such an
"against-the-stream" news outlet, and talk radio and such - and they can do
their thing without putting their (and/or their audience's) life, liberty or
pursuit of happiness too much at risk...

And there may even be reason to be thankful for "left biased" media in the first
place, considering how things went 50-60 years earlier in that great country of
yours. Back then, I heard tell Mainstream was flowing much different - and with
much stronger pressure - than what you percieve nowadays.