POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post POV? : Post POV? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Post POV?
From: How Camp
Date: 30 Apr 2009 08:05:01
Message: <web.49f9937ffb2e5f1ac59235590@news.povray.org>
I've been monitoring the POV-Ray newsgroups for nearly a decade, and I've seen a
number of prolific users come and go.  I'm curious what software POV-Ray users
tend to migrate toward after they 'move on'.  Do most convert to high-end
render packages (I think H.E. Day did this), or is there another open-source
package that eventually steals away the POV community?

I wonder if such users 'outgrow' POV-Ray as an artistic tool, or whether they're
mostly casualties of 'lack of time' syndrome (as I perpetually seem to be).

(Not that I'm advocating such an evolution.  I've heard you can catch the H1N1
flu if you don't use POV-Ray regularly...)