POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pov-Ray assumptions, and missing Utilities : Pov-Ray assumptions, and missing Utilities Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Pov-Ray assumptions, and missing Utilities
From: SA Penguin
Date: 29 Apr 2009 06:35:00
Message: <web.49f82d1b7aff840a118f58ca0@news.povray.org>
Maybe I've jumped off the deep end in my using POV...
I'm trying to create some animations, depicting antenna radiation patterns.

Ideal spherical radiators were simple, and dipoles weren't to hard (torus).
Modifying the toroid with a cardioid was an exercise in isosurfaces. But my
problems started when I combined image_maps and animation!

I have a basic 640x480 black and white grid as the image. I want the "white" to
fade as the object expands, revealing a series of nested "wave fronts". Simple,
right? just change the transmit value for the "white" component of the image map
palette.

Which one?

I'm stuck with minimal resources here- the .gif was created using MS-Windows
Paint. Someone, somewhere, has assumed everyone has access to a basic Palette
Editor. I'm blessed if I can find one, however!

So- how do YOU manage .gif (and .png) palettes?