POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : checking allscene from 3.7 beta 32 : Re: checking allscene from 3.7 beta 32 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 09:06:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: checking allscene from 3.7 beta 32
From: clipka
Date: 21 Apr 2009 18:10:00
Message: <web.49ee43f8853fd6f1c3ad972c0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
>  * chess2.png : a bit too greenish in the reflection ? (cross of kings, and knights,
white
> tower)

This *looks* weird, but it may actually be physically correct; in any case it's
seen with POV 3.6 as well.

>  * crackle2.png : a missing fifth blue in the middle raw ? (remind me of a bug with
> superellipsoid... probably nothing, but strange )

Again, seen with POV 3.6 as well, and from the scene code it is intentional.
Strange though, indeed; maybe it wouldn't work as an isosurface.

>  * desk4.png : the initial blank frame is still visible, is the recursion limit good
> enough ? (each iteration get one more desk in frame, not doubling)

I think it is technically impossible to totally eliminate the blank frame
(except for reducing its size to be no longer discernable).

>  * samp_demo06.png : the top square between magenta & white is not plain, there is a
grey
> & darker pattern. Is it as intended ?

Can't find that scene among the POV 3.6 samples, so no comparison here; in any
case, it seems to me that the square in question is empty (transparent??), and
that we see the shadow of the block to its right