POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray : Re: Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray Server Time
29 May 2024 06:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual 3D Lenticular Print in POV-Ray
From: Captain Tylor
Date: 20 Apr 2009 23:20:01
Message: <web.49ed3aaf3073367c1aea4e430@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the replies.

Here's the camera set-up I was using:

camera {
  cylinder 4
  location <0,0,-4>
  right 2*x
  up 4*y
  look_at  <0,0,0>
  angle 37.4
}

Since the horizontal perspective of the image is being provided by the lenses, I
needed to use a camera that was orthagraphic in the horizontal direction and had
perspective in the vertical direction.  The cylinder camera provided the
solution I was after.

The ior I was using was 1.49 for acrylic, but I might have to tweak that when I
know better exatly what material I'm working with.

The objects in my scene extend from 0.0 pov-ray units to 0.6 pov-ray units to
the back of the view and 1 pov-ray unit horizontally and 1 pov-ray unit
vertically.

Most suppliers of lenticular sheets make them with cylindrical lenses. I'm not
sure if there are any that make them with the triangular lenses.