POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : subtle behavior of Spline_Trans() macro in transforms.inc : Re: subtle behavior of Spline_Trans() macro in transforms.inc Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: subtle behavior of Spline_Trans() macro in transforms.inc
From: clipka
Date: 20 Apr 2009 11:35:00
Message: <web.49ec95da987a083f305d384e0@news.povray.org>
Another sample of your misunderstanding even the OP:

-------- You:
  The original poster asked if it's possible to calculate the direction of
the spline with complete accuracy. You said that it's impossible. That's
clearly not true.
--------

He did not generally ask about calculating the direction of the spline with
complete accuracy. He asked about whether the macro could be improved to do
that, to make it "more elegant".

It *is* impossible to make it more elegant.

Unless we exclude the possibility of modifying the POV-Ray source code, of
course... or writing an SDL parser in SDL, that would read the original code
and extract the spline definition from that source... yeah, I admit that I
forgot about *that* possibility...