POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSLT & CSG Artefacts : Re: SSLT & CSG Artefacts Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:38:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT & CSG Artefacts
From: clipka
Date: 17 Apr 2009 12:15:01
Message: <web.49e8aa86375289de63aee5160@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> But I have also seen that so far SSLT works only with normal light... maybe solving
that
> for all light sources (why is there such dependency is a bit puzzling until I have a
look
> at the code... one day). The light issue is far more concerning than the CSG.

Don't bother looking at the code - you won't find anything that isn't known yet,
and probably not much that isn't due to change. Most has actually even been
mentioned in the newsgroups.

The beta release notes do mention that "SSLT is still in alpha stage". Which
means that yes, the developers know it's still lacking features, and yes,
they're working on it. Full integration with POV's classic lighting model -
including spotlights, area lights and other some such - is one such feature.

> Light first... I guess.

Exactly.