POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSLT & CSG Artefacts : Re: SSLT & CSG Artefacts Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:37:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT & CSG Artefacts
From: clipka
Date: 17 Apr 2009 07:40:01
Message: <web.49e869a0375289def3bcbae60@news.povray.org>
One more thing...

Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Do not restrict innovations to existing concepts, think them globally!
> Special cases are bad.

I'm definitely not one to normally restrict innovation, and rather think two
steps ahead into the future and flexibility than just one.

It is a given fact that currently there *IS* a restriction to an existing
concept regarding SSLT, which is:

    SSLT and CSG don't mix.

Please note that I am not placing *additional* restrictions, but pushing
*existing* ones a good deal further.

In my spare time.

In task packages that I deem feasible to handle without becoming frustrated
about it.

If you're not happy with it, you're welcome to join the effort. I must confess
that I currently do consider SSLT to be "my baby", but I'd gladly share the
workload of raising it to maturity.

I will not, however, take from anyone that I'd be "restricting innovations" when
as a matter of fact I'm busy *adding* to POV's features.

Maybe I took the tone of your posting wrong, but this is how I received it.