POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
29 Sep 2024 00:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 15 Apr 2009 08:30:01
Message: <web.49e5d30bbe8f6db96dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> OK. But it would be nice if the text itself was crisp and readable, no?

Looks fine to me.

> Being stuck with one ugly terminal font would just annoy me.

Fair enough. I'm sure you can change this too, mind.

> By the way... what kind of keyboard actually has a Meta key?

Um, I think it's just the extra behaviour-modifier key of your choice.

> Emacs is a Lisp interpretter running a text editor application written
> in Lisp. If you just want to change some setting, you can probably get
> away with adjusting a variable. But if you want to alter something there
> isn't a setting for... you need to modify the source code.

I'm no expert, but I strongly suspect that there's a setting for everything,
including mountain-moving!

> take you hours to figure out which secret hidden setting changes the
> thing that's annoying you. (Or even whether there *is* a setting to
> change a particular behaviour...)

Yup, well, you can't make things powerful *and* easy. :-P

> > on-screen. (Like Scotty bringing up a 3D model of transparent aluminium in 4
> > seconds work - name that movie!)
> I don't know the title. Whichever Star Trek movie it was that featured
> time travel.

Ha, you only get 1/2.