POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
18 May 2024 18:38:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: triple r
Date: 14 Apr 2009 09:55:00
Message: <web.49e494b0be8f6db963a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Well, I actually use SciTE myself - but nobody has ever heard of that.

Thanks for clarifying.  You're right that I've never heard of it, but my basic
answer would then be: If you think there's enough room for improvement in what
you currently use, or you're not sure what the hype is about, learn it.  Don't
just give it the old college try and give up though; give it a week or two and
see.  That sounds easy enough to say, so to be fair, I'm officially going
cold-turkey on vi.  The only vi command the guy I work for knows is ":q!", and
the only Emacs command I know is C-x C-c.  It makes for endless frustration.
It's Emacs or nothing from here on in.

 - Ricky