POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
18 May 2024 17:07:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: triple r
Date: 14 Apr 2009 09:15:01
Message: <web.49e48c14be8f6db963a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> OK, so somebody had to ask...
>
> What is it, exactly, that makes Emacs so fantastic? What does it
> actually *do* beyond being a text editor?

I'm into vi myself, so I'll take your question to mean, "Why would you need
something other than Notepad anyway?"  Really?  I mean, really?  No, seriously?
 Are you referring to something like Notepad++ or just Notepad?  If you know a
good editor well, you can work about as fast as you can think.  Based on my
experience, I'd compare it to the difference between Dvorak typing and the
two-finger method.

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/index.html
http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html

 - Ricky