POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Next Generation SDL: What's wrong with Lua, JavaScript, ... : Re: Next Generation SDL: What's wrong with Lua, JavaScript, ... Server Time
14 May 2024 20:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Next Generation SDL: What's wrong with Lua, JavaScript, ...
From: clipka
Date: 12 Apr 2009 21:55:00
Message: <web.49e29a91e7a64ad8d037e2230@news.povray.org>
SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Can you give an example about how this separation would look like?
> >
> > I guess I'm not getting the picture you're aiming at right now.
>
> Basically what I mean is that the entire scene should be contained
> within a single DOM, and that one should be able to express it in
> shorthand notation.
>
> i.e.
>
> var MyObject =
> {
>  radius : 1,
>  translation : [0,0,1]
> }
>
> is shorthand notation for:
>
> var MyObject = new Object();
> MyObject.radius = 1;
> MyObject.translation = [0,0,1]

So where exactly is there now a "separation"? I only see two different syntaxes
expressing the very same thing.

And I'm still waiting for someone to show me a language that provides a useful
shorthand notation for:

var MyObject = new Object();
MyObject.radius = 1;
MyObject.translation.append([0,0,1]);