POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : inittab vs. Upstart and other questions [Ubuntu] : Re: inittab vs. Upstart and other questions [Ubuntu] Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: inittab vs. Upstart and other questions [Ubuntu]
From: How Camp
Date: 9 Apr 2009 07:10:00
Message: <web.49ddd6667127fddfc59235590@news.povray.org>

> You have an inittab in ubuntu? Look at the line that says something like
> id:2:initdefault:
> to see that you default to runlevel 2.

No, apparently Ubuntu no longer has inittab -- it's been traded for Upstart,
which is where my initial confusion came from, as it's not obvious (to me) how
to translate from one to the other.

But...

> This looks like it is helpful. Read all the way down:

....This was an excellent link.  Thank you very much!  I think this points me in
the right direction.