POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 10-day render : Re: 10-day render Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10-day render
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Apr 2009 04:40:00
Message: <web.49ddb3433bf613006dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> > Is this some kind of record?
> >
> Don't know really. On a Windows machine (like mine) I usually interrupt the
> render regularly, and restart it the next day with +C. Drawback is that
> render speed is lowered, but I am sure the machine is not going to crash (or
> so I hope). This way I have had renders of a week or more (subjectively).

I have a bare linux box that I use for long-term rendering. I've left this
running for a couple of weeks at least. Most of my 'final' renders don't
usually take longer than a couple of days though, since I take quite a lot of
time to optimise, and rarely use refraction-heavy scenes. (Although I've not
rendered anything without radiosity for a long time :) )