POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering colors outside of RGB space : Re: Rendering colors outside of RGB space Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering colors outside of RGB space
From: clipka
Date: 8 Apr 2009 20:35:00
Message: <web.49dd4212469723b6a08de100@news.povray.org>
Ive <"ive### [at] lilysoftorg"> wrote:
> POV-Ray might want to use a straightforward 3-band spectrum (e.g. for
> dispersion calculation) but this is not how it works. It would be true
> if you define indeed *all* colors within your pigment statements as
> components from a 3-band spectrum but who does this?

.... which is just what I'm saying: Use it in the right way, and you can do
out-of-RGB-gamut stuff with it.

BTW, color values in POV are typically interpreted by the engine to be linear,
and are therefore not sRGB anyway (which does not only exactly define the
primaries, but also uses some gamma stuff).