POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSLT: why not just use media? : SSLT: why not just use media? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  SSLT: why not just use media?
From: MessyBlob
Date: 6 Apr 2009 16:30:01
Message: <web.49da659c971db9b4addfbead0@news.povray.org>
SSLT: A handy and compact SDL feature!

....but does it bring any functionality beyond using media? On initial trials,
I'm thinking media scattering is more versatile (but no good with ambient
lighting with radiosity scenes), and can do quite good milk, wax, moulded
plastics, semi-opaque glass, particulate/impure water, atmosphere, etc.

I couldn't find rationale for SSLT, so can I ask (of the dev team) what it was?
(speed, accuracy, simplicity?)