POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : fatal error upon launch, -199 error code : Re: fatal error upon launch, -199 error code Server Time
15 May 2024 22:54:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fatal error upon launch, -199 error code
From: eefKnot
Date: 5 Apr 2009 21:55:01
Message: <web.49d95f2a9e58aae4d041b4190@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Being a bit more specific about the version of POV might help people willing to
> help you. Are you talking about 3.6, or 3.7 beta? Which one precisely?
>
> When did you last run POV that version of POV successfully? What changes did you
> (knowingly) do to your system since then?
>
> You may also try posting again in povray.general or, maybe even better in this
> case, povray.macintosh; This newsgroup - povray.bugreports - is (afaik)
> intended for reporting definitive, confirmed bugs in official POV releases. As
> of now, all that is known is that the two of you have a common problem, which
> may or may not be due to a real POV bug.
>
> Also note that the current 3.7 beta releases for the Mac, although sanctioned by
> the POV team, are not officially supported by them, so if we're talking about
> such a version, you should instead contact the person who built that binary. I
> guess he's reading povray.macintosh on a regular basis, too.

I am using this version:
POV-Ray Mac 3.6
dated Aug 1, 2004 7:23 pm
and downloaded directly from the povray site

I believe the last time it that POV ran successfully would be 15 March 2009.  As
jmcfizix noted in his/her post, I also know of NO changes I made to my system
between that time and when it stopped working, which was about a week later.
Obviously something changed, but I do not know what.

I will try to post at povray.macintosh too.