POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very cool Ubuntu distro : Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro
From: nemesis
Date: 4 Apr 2009 01:00:00
Message: <web.49d6e8f314a2c6a4d8a4ca0d0@news.povray.org>
> Even better than virtual machines, assuming it works as described.(I haven't
> tried it, but I'm about to! :-)
>
> http://lifehacker.com/5195999/portable-ubuntu-runs-ubuntu-inside-windows

2 days late. :)

This reminds me of people with humongous amounts of junk in their iPods,
constantly zapping, never stopping for a moment to appreciate any of it.  What
is the point?  Just to make the multicore hardware of today sweat we'll run
Linux from Windows from a VNC client from a java VM?

OTOH, it's tempting to get this one to work, might it be not a april fool's
prank... :)