POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop prices : Re: Laptop prices Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laptop prices
From: Charles C
Date: 2 Apr 2009 17:30:00
Message: <web.49d52e35526e3cd8cac4259f0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I ALREADY BOUGHT THE LAPTOP! How is sticking an advert to it going to
> make me buy it even more?
>
> Now, if the laptop is sitting in a shop window, that's another matter.
> But it isn't. It's sitting in my house, where nobody except me will ever
> see it. Go figure...

Two more things to what Darren said: They want you to be satisfied - just before
you go through the headache of personalizing a new system.  Something along the
lines of the "thankyou for purchasing our quality product" like in a user
manual.  Also I'm sure they wouldn't want you to think it looked 'plain' after
you open the box ;)
Charles