POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to access the value for the final frame of an animation, the kff value : Re: How to access the value for the final frame of an animation, the kff v= Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to access the value for the final frame of an animation, the kff v=
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 2 Apr 2009 12:20:00
Message: <web.49d4e52ecf786ab0e65c467e0@news.povray.org>
There are subset options for the command line that might fix this problem:

+SF0.n              Same as Subset_Start_Frame
+EF0.n              Same as Subset_End_Frame

Leave +KFI & +KFF as the absolute first and last frames and set +SF0.n and
+EF0.n to starting and ending percentages.

At that point final_frame which is set from the value of +KFF will equal the
total number of frames in the whole animation.

Incidentally, I'm working on a comprehensive animation tutorial that covers the
timing calculations as well.  If anybody would be interested in proofreading,
I'd be happy to have the input.

A.D.B.