POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Procedural texture / Special Effect (Help please?) : Procedural texture / Special Effect (Help please?) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Procedural texture / Special Effect (Help please?)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 31 Mar 2009 04:10:00
Message: <web.49d1cef319bf33dbfd38c63e0@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to create a special effect for a model I'm working on.  The material
would be a semi-transparent white stone (with falloff) with micro-crystalline
inclusions that shift color with the angle and perhaps form geometric patterns.

Now, I suppose the color-shifting and the geometric patterns could be controlled
effects, rather than natural by-products of the material, but I'm having trouble
figuring out how to accomplish the desired effect.

It's also possible that I will have to randomly scatter small crystals
throughout the object.

Any input would be appreciated.

A.D.B.