POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ISS construction photos : Re: ISS construction photos Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:37:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ISS construction photos
From: clipka
Date: 30 Mar 2009 21:40:00
Message: <web.49d174363c1bb33e2f4aa4190@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   Moreover, how could you get parallel shadows in a photograph no matter
> what you do? The concept of *perspective* should be rather clear to
> everybody. If you photograph a pair of train tracks, aiming at the horizon,
> the tracks will seem to converge at the horizon, ie. they will not be
> parallel in the image even though they are in reality. Every single person
> with an IQ larger than 50 and with the minimal amount of education knows
> this.

..... unless they refuse to open their eyes and see.

To say it with Bill Kaysing's own words: "I decided I did not believe that
Armstrong, Collins, and Aldrin or anyone else was going to the moon"

Seems like he has stuck with that decision ever since... or *is stuck* with it
may be a better term...

It is interesting and might be an explanation, to think that "Moon Hoaxers" were
actually kids back then, and the idea that people might actually be walking on
the moon shattered their - literally - childish beliefs about the universe to
such an extent that they simply refused to believe, and continue to do so to
this day.

Which would explain why they are so eager to prove their theories, and so
stubborn to accept any evidence to the contrary.