POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ISS construction photos : Re: ISS construction photos Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ISS construction photos
From: Kenneth
Date: 30 Mar 2009 02:20:00
Message: <web.49d0639f3c1bb33ef50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I just had a look at:
> http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/shuttle/sts-119/ndxpage49.html
>
> Some of those high resolution shots are just astounding!

Whenever I see detailed images of the ISS--and those shots really are
astounding--the first thing I think of is: "Gee, all those little custom-made
widgets sure did cost a lot of money! Why can't NASA just buy 'em at the local
hardware store, and save a few bucks?!"  :-P  If they're worried about a part
breaking--just take up a bunch of spares...in a BIG box...a REALLY BIG box...