POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: clipka
Date: 29 Mar 2009 17:40:00
Message: <web.49cfea1224d9fc44ea392f10@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> The Dutch is also very intensive. I think less than 40% get it on their
> first exam. It is preceded by a theoretical part that has even a bit
> more failures. It took me about 2 years and 4 tries to get my license.

Why then, at weekends, are the German motorways crowded with Dutch people who
still cannot drive? :P

(sorry, just jumping on an old stereotype ;))

> Question to check how your link with reality is: a Dutchman going to the
> States for a couple of years or an American coming here. One has to do
> an exam to convert to a valid local license: which one?

I bet the Dutch guy staying in the US: They don't recognize anything that comes
from outside America The Beautiful.

But I bet it's just one drive round the local supermarket car park. In a car
with automatic transmission.

A US citizen staying in Germany would have to fill in tons of paperwork instead,
I guess. Probably to confirm that he is able to drive from his home to the
Strassenverkehrsamt, over to a photographer, the US embassy, half a dozeon
other Aemter, and finally back to the Strassenverkehrsamt... or something like
that :P

The German do recognize stuff from outside Germany - but only if it can be
stapled, stamped and filed ;)